Art Quote

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back to School Countdown, #3


Back to School Countdown, Book(s) #3
A Great and Terrible Beauty
Rebel Angels
The Sweet Far Thing
by Libba Bray

Now THESE books are amazing... I would highly recommend them to anyone, even someone who takes one look at them and thinks, "Oh, that's just not my thing." One of my best friends had that same attitude, and she ended up loving them.

Anyways, these books really do have everything. From the very first chapter (or is it the prologue?) of the first book, you are pulled into the suspense and mystery that is Gemma Doyle's life. After her mom mysteriously dies, Gemma is sent to Spence Academy. (Yay for an actual school!) Which, in typical suspenseful fashion, brings about all sorts of exciting happenings. Not only is there a mysterious Indian boy (yay!), drama at school (not so yay!) and magical realms, these books are completely jam-packed with excitement and intrigue.

They're good. Just read them. I suck at summaries, so I probably did them no justice in that above paragraph. But still, take my advice. They are really really good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really want to read these.

Great pick Chelsie!

Teen Troves said...

I"ve been wanting to read these for awhile now! I've got the first 2 books in the series but haven't gotten round to them yet. Sigh.

-Mollie

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.