Art Quote

Friday, August 15, 2008

Violet by Design by Melissa Walker

Title: Violet by Design

Author: Melissa Walker

Summary:

I was going to get out of the modeling business for good.

But now I'm having trouble sticking with my decision. After all, if it wasn't for modeling, I might still be the invisible wallflower. Hot guys like Paulo wouldn't be interested in me. And I'd never have seen Brazil or Spain-and now France! On the other hand...

I also wouldn't have to choose between my best friend from home and my agent's shrill demands. Or anguish over my body the way only runway models do. Not to mention all this trouble I'm getting into for speaking out in the press about eating disorders.

Maybe the life of an international model isn't for me. But if I quit for good, I might always wonder...What if?

Rating: 4/5

Good:

I only liked the first Violet book... and I didn't feel like it was my cup of tea. However, I knew I wanted to read the second. And, with the release of Violet in Private, I figured what better time to read them.

I am SO glad I didn't give up after the first book. The sequel was much better... while the first book was good, the second was great. I really liked the characters, and the story was a much easier one to get into, while still relating to the first book in all the ways that mattered. And then, of course, with the addictive story line, I finished the book in one night, and the somewhat cliffhanger ending left me wanting more, more, more!

Bad:

Eek. Hard to say, really, what I didn't like about it. Because there really isn't anything bad about it... Nothing at all. I think I just got annoyed at the characters, and the Wow Factor (eek, quoting Simon Cowell... it sucks to be me) wasn't there for me. It was good, but nothing bounced out at me for being great, except for an addictive plot and some awesome characters.

But now... Violet in Private, here I come!



---

Don't forget to comment on this post to receive an extra entry into my Violet in Private contest!

8 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bunny B said...

You'll make me a very sad bunny if I don't win this -- with all your great reviews, I sure wanna start on this series! :)

bunnybx at gmail . com

Kelsey said...

It sounds so good! I like that little comment on SImon Cowell. lol. These books sound so good. Hopefully I'll get them soon.

Fabulous review!

kels.m.17@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Ahh, thanks for the review (going on our newsletter) and woo hoo Violet in Private.

Anna said...

Violet in Private is amazing. I was glad that after I finished Violet by Design I had Violet in Private here because of that huge cliffhanger. It helped to have that one sitting right there. :p

Hillary said...

I actually think I liked this one the least out of the whole series. I loved VIP though. Great Review!

Breanna said...

I still haven't read VBD but I really want to! I have a pile of books waiting for me to read them. Hopefully Violet will move up soon. I need to get a copy of VIP as well.

Great review! I really can't wait to read this and VIP too of course.

-Breanna

Test said...

I can't wait to read this series! Great Review.

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.