Art Quote

Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to School Countdown, #5


Back to School Countdown, Book(s) #5
the Private novels
by Kate Brian

For probably the first time on this list, I have used the word "school" correctly. Because this is all what these novels are about: school.

Or, more specifically, Easton Academy, which is a prestigious school that main character Reed Brennan has a hard time fitting in at. Everyone there is rich, smart, glamorous... everything Reed wants to be.

And more than anything, she wants to a Billings girl. She wants to be a member of the elite group of Easton. And she's willing to do anything to get there.

I loved these novels... they are a step above the A-List and Gossip Girl, and there's also a touch of mystery and suspense, which just adds to the intrigue. For me, these are major guilty pleasure novels... they aren't the deepest, most insightful, or best-written novels ever, but there is definitely something about them that just screams addictive.

The series, in order:
Private
Invitation Only
Untouchable
Confessions
Inner Circle
Legacy
Ambition
Revelation (September 16)

Plus, an upcoming Prequel.

It doesn't look like this series is ending anytime soon =D

1 comments:

Anna said...

AH. Talk about one of my favorite series here. :D

I have to admit that I still haven't read Legacy yet. :( I have to get myself caught up, haha.

hope.

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.