Art Quote

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Review- Violet in Private by Melissa Walker


Title: Violet in Private

Author: Melissa Walker

Summary:

The return of Violet, the not-so- confident model…

Violet Greenfield knows she’s supposed to be a super-confident nineteen-year-old because she’s done runway shows in New York and internationally. But now that she’s finally headed to college, she’s afraid she’ll turn back into that girl who blended into the walls in high school. Vassar is just two hours away from New York City––her friends in fashion think she’s crazy to stop modeling now. And her old friend Roger is there...but things have been weird ever since they kissed. The real question is if she’s not going to be “Violet on the Runway” anymore...who is she?

Rating: 4/5

My Abnormal Review:

I really really really like this series. I find it hard to write reviews on series books, though, because once you get into the series its hard to find things to say that are new. This is one of those series that is just consistently good. The story is good and funny. I love Violet as a character, simply because she's not the stereotypical model. And I was also extremely glad that there was some character progression going on. The third book didn't just go in a circle back to how it was before... things changed, Violet changed, her surroundings changed. And it was a refreshing change.

This is a good series. Definitely worth my time, and probably worth yours too.

Don't forget to comment on this review to get an extra entry in my Violet in Private contest =D

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

I know what you mean, it is hard to review on series. PS> I really like your review style!

Anonymous said...

Ahh another Violet book.

Great "abnormal" review.

Bunny B said...

Seems like it's definitely worth my time too! I hope to win so I can read it all! :) Thanks!!!

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.