Art Quote

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Violet on the Runway by Melissa Walker

Violet on the Runway
by Melissa Walker


When Violet is spotted by a bigshot modeling agent, her life will never be the same again. In a search for excitement and a place to fit in, she's sucked into the modeling world faster than you can say Jimmy Choo. Not too long after she starts, she moves to New York to live in a house with other models, including Veronica Trask, a witch with a capital b, and her companion Sam. She gets a boyfriend and things are going great, because she finally feels like she can fit in. Even though she left her two best friends behind when she left North Carolina.


This novel was intriguing from the very beginning, because I've never really read any books about modeling before. The idea was fresh and interesting, and it was kind of like an insiders look at the world of modeling. I loved how, while it didn't make modeling seem perfect, the book didn't make fun of models... it just focused on how modeling wasn't exactly perfect for Violet. And the mix of fun and seriousness was perfect for the mood of the book, and so it's a perfect book to read on a rainy day.

14 comments:

Rachael Stein said...

ooh, i just loved this book!!

Em said...

The sequel, Violet by Design, is a lot of fun too! :-)

Bunny B said...

This book sounds fun! I can't wait to win&read it! :)

Vanessa said...

I'm reading this book right now. It's superrrr great. :)

Anonymous said...

I have been dying to read this book! I've only heard good things about it, so I'm even more excited to read it.

di said...

i hope this is the right place to comment for the contest.
~not_so_cg~

i used this email: not_so_cg@yahoo.com

Amanda Villagómez said...

Thanks for the review. I have been seeing posts about these three books everywhere, and each post is making me realize more and more that I have to read them!

Booked Books said...

Your review reminded me of Cheryl Diamond's Model: a memoir. It was a pretty good book too. (=

Great review!

booked@ymail.com

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a really good book!

Kelsey said...

I really think this book will be great!

Unknown said...

Great review! I can't wait to read this book! It sounds really exciting, and, like you said, the idea was very fresh and interesting... I love Melissa Walker!

Test said...

I wanted to read this book before but after reading your review I want to read it even more!

Sara said...

Oh, I would love to read this book! Heard great stuff about it.

alisonwonderland said...

i also read this book for the A~Z Challenge. and i enjoyed it too!

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.