Art Quote

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sweethearts by Sara Zarr

Sweethearts
by Sara Zarr


Cameron and Jennifer were best friends and fellow rejects when they were younger, until Cameron mysteriously disappears. She is left alone, with no idea what happened and dealing with her vicious school bullies all by herself.


Now, 8years later, she's reinvented herself as Jenna. She lost weight, moved to a new school, and became someone that she thought everyone would like. She's made new friends and a boyfriend, Ethan, who have no idea about her past or Cameron, or what they went through together.


Until Cameron comes back on her 17th birthday. He shows up just as quickly as he disappeared, and he's bringing back memories that Jenna had tried to forget, and invoking feelings she'd never imagined she'd feel.


This book was absolutely mesmerizing. I was hooked from the first page, and I remained entranced until the very end. I started it yesterday morning, and then I had to stay up late to finish it. It's been a long time since I've read a story with a mystery and intrigue and emotions that match this book. I could really understand what Jenna was going through, and Cameron was such a unique and dynamic character that I couldn't help but be drawn to him. All of the characters, in fact, were unique and original. I know that this will be a book that I pick up a year from now and want to reread. I'm not likely to forget how amazing Sweethearts was for a long time.

6 comments:

Liv said...

I haven't read any of Sara Zarr's books! Eek! I need to get on that because it seems like she's a great author. Nice review too!
Also, I've tagged you for a meme. Check out my blog to see what it's all about. :)

Anna said...

Hey -- I'm reading this right now!! Story of a Girl was great... so I'm hoping this is too...

You've been tagged! Click on the link for more info.

http://princess2293.blogspot.com/2008/05/ive-been-tagged.html

hope.

Em said...

I really like Sara Zarr's books and can't wait for her to write another one! :)

Chelsea said...

Glad you liked this book! I thought it was really good, too. :)

Rachael Stein said...

this was one of my favorite books ever. it's such a beautiful story.

Tasha said...

This is definitely one of the best books I've ever read. So glad you enjoyed it.

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.