Art Quote

Friday, May 9, 2008

it's a beautiful day for a contest!

Hello, everyone!



I am very excited to announce my very first contest!


It has recently come to my attention that my fellow blogger friend Harmony has an awful young adult section in her library. And she’s looking for people to donate a book or two to help the cause.




So, here’s my dilemma. I have a couple books here that I picked off of my shelf, but I’m not sure which one to donate.



This is where you come in.



I need someone to choose a book for me to donate to Harmony’s library. And then, after you’re done picking a book to donate, then you also get to pick one for yourself. How’s that for a sweet deal? Not only are you getting a book for yourself, but you are helping out a friend and a library.




So, before I reveal which books are up for grabs, I am going to explain the details (which sounds much less threatening than ‘rules’)



Detail #1: This contest will be open until Friday, May 23rd, Midnight Central Time.



Detail #2: To enter, please leave me a comment or send me an email at bookluverreviews@hotmail.com. Please include some way for me to contact you in case you win.



Detail #3: If you advertise my contest on your blog or someplace similar, please include a link so I can be sure to give you two extra entries!



So, the following should be included in your entry:



1. A book for the library.
2. A book for you.
3. Contact details
4. A link (if you advertised.)



And now, without further adieu, I shall give you the list of books!



1. Sweet 16 by Kate Brian
2. Waves by Sharon Dogar
3. In the Cards: Love by Mariah Fredericks
4. The Bermudez Triangle by Maureen Johnson
5. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
6. Faking 19 by Alyson Noel
7. The Bar Code Tattoo by Suzanne Weyn

(There would have been a picture of In the Cards: Love but it wouldn't work right)


Those are your books to choose from! Have fun!

18 comments:

Megan said...

Okay I am not sure how helpful I am going to be, but I think you should give Harmony one of the Maureen Johnson books and give me the other one! Give her first pick and send me the one she doesn't want. That's fair, right?
mopsmomut[at]yahoo[dot]com

Unknown said...

I think you should give Harmony The Bermudez Triangle by Maureen Johnson ( I love this author ). I would really take anyone of these books, but since I have to choose, I choose
Faking 19 by Alyson Noel. I blogged about the contest here:http://temppatt.blogspot.com/

Hope I was helpful!

paperxxflowers said...

I think you should give Harmony The Bermudez Triangle and give me 13 Little Blue Envelopes. Although I'd probably be happy with any of them.

I posted about your contest on my blog:

www.paperxxflowers.blogspot.com

Thanks!
Megan

Amee said...

Hi! I think you should donate The Bermudez Triangle because it's an awesome book! I would choose Sweet 16 by Kate Brian!

I've posted about the contest in my contest section on the sidebar to the left!

P.S. I also added your link to my blog!

Amee said...

Sorry, forgot the link to my blog:

http://theravenousreaderreviews.blogspot.com

McGee said...

I haven't read any of them so they all look tempting to me. How about donating Sweet 16 and 13 Little Blue Envelopes for me. I posted your contest on my blog at www.thenewmcgee.blogspot.com!

Bunny B said...

Ooo.. this is fun :)
Well, I'd like to choose The Bermudez Triangle by Maureen Johnson for the library. And I choose 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson for me.

Please include 2 extra entries for me. I've linked you HERE
Thanks! :)

bunnybox9 at gmail dot com

ChristyJan said...

I think you should donate WAVES to Harmony's library and I would like THE BAR CODE TATTOO.
hawkes(at)citlink.net

Tali said...

Ok how about giving Harmony 13 Little Blue Envelopes (it was a great book) and umm if i won i'd like...Sweet 16 ??

Thanks for the cool contest.

-Tali
tamoed [at] bellsouth [dot] net

Theopinionedreader said...

I would give the library Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

I would love The Bermudez Triangle by Maureen Johnson

Contact me at this address

theopinionedreader@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I think you should give Harmony 13 Little Blue Envelopes and me Sweet 16!

Meredith said...

You should give Harmony Waves and me Sweet 16!

Breanna said...

I sent you an email from queenbloop@gmail.com

just checking to see if you got it or not.

-Breanna

plhill2000 said...

Donate Thirteen Blue Envelopes. I would love Faking 19.

tetewa said...

Donate Sweet 16 and for me Bermuda Triangle. tWarner419@aol.com

robynl said...

donate Sweet 16 and send me 13 Little Blue Envelopes. Thanks.

Book Sp(l)ot said...

Me again..but with a question: I bought The Bermudez Triangle yesterday because it sounded so good when I read what the books were about; the one you have doesn't repeat pages 55-86 in place of pages 34-55, does it?

I'll probably have to buy a new one unless I can convince BN to take it back and I just wanted to check since sometimes it's a widespread thing...

Anonymous said...

Hey. I just wanted to let you know that I recieved the book yesterday. Thanks so much for holding this contest!

-Harmony

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.