Art Quote

Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Sunday Salon

I am new to The Sunday Salon, but I am really looking forward to it!


Megan does the whole Sunday Salon thing, and it kind of interested me, so I joined and now here I am, at 1:35 on a Sunday afternoon, posting about it.

Anyways, currently I am reading the New York Times Bestseller Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrich.

I had never heard of this book before, until not too long ago when I went to see the movie, starring this very talented actor, who also starred in the very popular musical Across the Universe.

I fell in love with the movie from the very beginning, because it was unique and interesting and had me on the edge of my seat... and that is not an exaggeration! I was literally dying to know what would happen next. Which is something that hasn't happened to me while watching a movie in a long long time.

When I found out that it was a book, I knew I had to read it... And so now I am.

To be honest, I'm not that far in the book... only page 54. But I am already entranced by the strange world that the main character is entering. I can also tell that the book and movie aren't going to be the same, which gives me some incentive to keep reading and find out what happens next.

Another thing that gives me a reason to keep reading is the fact that the book was recommended to me... by someone who hates reading. If someone who hates to read can sit down and read it without getting bored, then I'm pretty sure that I can too. =D

So now I'm off to read!

-Chelsie-

8 comments:

samantha.1020 said...

Welcome to the Sunday Salon! You will find a ton of book suggestions here :)

My Journey Through Reading... said...

I'm fairly new to the Sunday Salon also. I have received a ton of great recommendations. Are you from Chicago? I noticed the Bears hat in another post! I am from Chicago and a Bears fan of course. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to The Sunday Salon! I know Megan's blog and visit there often! :) I look forward to getting to know you better.

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

yay!!! great first Sunday Salon...it is a really great gathering. welcome!! I love the colours and content of your blog, fun stuff.

The Bookworm said...

welcome to sunday salon! its lots of fun, I'm pretty new as well, and have met some very nice other bloggers.

I like the new look of your blog :o)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

paperxxflowers said...

Thanks for pointing that out! I must have been out of my mind when I typed it all in. As soon as you said that, I was all "I put Chelsie instead of Cassidy?" So yeah. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I've tagged you for the author meme. The details are on my blog. http://midnighttwilightsbookblog.blogspot.com

Kayla (Midnight Twilight)

Anna said...

you've been tagged for an author meme. view my blog for more details.

http://www.pincess2293.blogspot.com

hope.

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.