Art Quote

Sunday, December 28, 2008

End of the Year Countdown, #5 [+ an exciting announcement]


End of 2008 Countdown, book 5
I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone
by Stephanie Kuehnert
Release Date: July 8, 2008

This was an absolutely fantastic book about a girl, her dreams of finding her mom, and the music that leads the way. It was addictive and lively and interesting... not to mention different. It didn't have an ounce of cheesiness, which made it one of the most real and emotional books I've ever read.

It also didn't hurt that Stephanie is one cool person to talk to. =D

---

ANNOUNCEMENT!

I'm going to make this countdown a bit more exciting and host a related contest!

I will be giving away a copy of the book Lord of Misrule by Rachel Caine* (the fifth book in the Morganville Vampires series). To win, all you have to do is take a guess at what my absolute favorite book of 2008 was... anyone who guesses it will have a chance at winning! If nobody guesses it, then I'll pick a random winner... but if one person guesses it, then they will automatically be the winner. If two people guess it, then one of them will be the winner... and so on. Basically, the more people who guess correctly, the less of a chance you'll have of winning.

So I'd venture to say that you won't want to share your guesses on this one.

To let me know what you think my favorite book is, email me at bookluver reviews@hotmail.com. Included in the email should be your name and your guess, and also some form of preferred contact information in case you win. I will be taking guesses until my last countdown post on January 1st, right at Midnight.

I will also be leaving clues on my countdown posts, so if you are absolutely stumped you at least have a shot.

You can also browse through my reviews and see what I rated highly... just remember, the book must be a book released in 2008!

Good luck to everyone!

<3 Chelsie

First clue: Amazon Best Book of the Month (which month was it? not telling. I'll just say that it was before July =])

2 comments:

jocelyn said...

IWBYJR made my list (top 15), too. It's fantastic!

Anna said...

I need to talk to my librarian. She still hasn't gotten this book. :(

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.