Art Quote

Friday, March 21, 2008

The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray


The Sweet Far Thing
by Libba Bray


This is the third and last book in the Gemma Doyle trilogy (for those who didn't know... the first two are A Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels). The thing I love about Libba Bray is that when I read her books, there don't seem to be any right answers. In The Sweet Far Thing there were so many choices, and Gemma didn't know if what she was doing was right. She made mistakes, and she learned from them. There was no obvious good guy, no obvious bad guy. It's not a book like, say, Harry Potter, where you know for sure that Voldemort is evil. In this series, each character has good and bad qualities, and Libba Bray does an excellent job of tying things up when I couldn't even imagine how things could be solved.


This book was amazing; just as good as the first two. I would recommend this series to anyone, and I hope Miss Bray has more on the way.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.