Art Quote

Thursday, July 31, 2008

July Book Blowout Wrap-Up

Well, I have finished the July Book Blowout, which you can see my post about here.

I had to push myself a little at the end, but it was actually quite interesting. And now I am going to answer the follow-up questions about it.

1. Did you discover a new author?
Oh, yes. I discovered Laura Ruby, whose book Play Me was probably one of the best I've read this month.

2. Where was the most unusual place you found yourself reading?
Let's see... probably at my friend Justinne's house, in the middle of the night, underneath the covers with nothing but a book light to see by. I have never had to hide like that before, but it was actually fun. =D

3. Did you read more than usual?
Yes! In June I think I read two books... TWO! But I still think I can do better in August...

4. Did you give up anything in order to read more?
A little bit of family time, sleep, and probably a couple good TV shows...

5. If you won the Amazon voucher what would you spend it on?
Um... books?! What else is there?!

6. Would you like to see a 2009 Book Blowout?
Sure. I wouldn't mind doing it again...

---

Now, as an afterthought, I'm going to post the books I've read this month:

1. I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert
2. Airhead by Meg Cabot
3. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
4. The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
5. Rumors by Anna Godberson
6. Chasing Windmills by Catherine Ryan Hyde
7. Queen of Babble Gets Hitched by Meg Cabot
8. Play Me by Laura Ruby

Overall, I'd say this month was an extremely successful reading month. And now that it's nearly August, I get to eagerly anticipate buying my copy of Breaking Dawn...

2 comments:

Anna said...

I nominated you! Check out my blog post tomorrow morning for more information.

Kelsey said...

I also nominated you!!! Check out my blog for the details!!!

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.