Art Quote

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Airhead by Meg Cabot

Title: Airhead

Author: Meg Cabot

Summary:

EM WATTS IS GONE.

Emerson Watts didn't even want to go to the new SoHo Stark Megastore grand opening. But someone needed to look out for her sister, Frida, whose crush, British heartthrob Gabriel Luna, would be singing and signing autographs there-along with the newly appointed Face of Stark, teen supermodel sensation Nikki Howard.

How was Em to know that disaster would strike, changing her-and life as she'd known it-forever? One bizarre accident later, and Em Watts, always the tomboy, never the party princess, is no longer herself. Literally.

Now getting her best friend, Christopher, to notice that she's actually a girl is the least of Em's problems.

But what Em's pretty sure she'll never be able to accept might just turn out to be the one thing that's going to make her dream come true . . . .

NIKKI HOWARD IS HERE TO STAY


Rating: 4/5

Good:

Once again, I have fallen in love with Meg Cabot's books! Airhead was an extremely quick read, and I adore the way that Meg Cabot takes a story that is completely unbelievable and makes it real... and at the same time makes me fall in love with the characters and sympathize with the situations. I love how hilarious and fun this novel was, while at the same time it's completely serious.

Bad:

I can't really say that there's anything really bad about this book... except for the stereotypical view on the popular crowd... it seems like the snobby, bitchy, annoying girls are all the same, and it kind of bothers me. But then again, it doesn't bother me with Meg Cabot's books, since I don't really go read Meg Cabot for deep, insightful reading... it's all fluffy and fun. Perfect for summer reading.

3 comments:

Axa said...

if only it had been a paperback...I would have read it by now. :(

Ashley said...

i too loved this book and loved it. there were no bad parts in my opinion either! nice review.
~Ashley

Rachael Stein said...

yeah, this is meg's best book yet :D and i totally cant wait until Being Nikki comes out!!

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.