Art Quote

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Rumors: A Luxe Novel by Anna Godberson

Title: Rumors: A Luxe Novel

Author: Anna Godberson

Summary:

After bidding good-bye to New York's brightest star, Elizabeth Holland, rumors continue to fly about her untimely demise.

All eyes are on those closest to the dearly departed: her mischievous sister, Diana, now the family's only hope for redemption; New York's most notorious cad, Henry Schoon-maker, the flame Elizabeth never extinguished; the seductive Penelope Hayes, poised to claim all that her best friend left behind—including Henry; even Elizabeth's scheming former maid, Lina Broud, who discovers that while money matters and breeding counts, gossip is the new currency.

As old friends become rivals, Manhattan's most dazzling socialites find their futures threatened by whispers from the past. In this delicious sequel to The Luxe, nothing is more dangerous than a scandal . . . or more precious than a secret.


Rating: 4.5/5

Good:

Once again I am swept up into the world of the rich and famous lifestyles of the late 1800s. I love the suspenseful way of writing that Anna Godberson has, because it keeps me wanting more and more, so I can read for hours on end. This was such a quick read for me, because I couldn't stop reading, and all the suspense and plot twists were enough to make me fall in love with the writing again. The characters are easy to relate to, and just when I thought that their actions couldn't get any more mischievous, they do, and it makes the book that much more interesting and amazing.

Bad:

This is fun, light reading, and so I don't feel the need to over-analyze everything in it. All I can say is that the one bad thing is that I have to wait forever for the next book, Envy, to come out. =D

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have to read The Luxe, lol. I want to read it so bad, i just haven't had the time.

I nominated you! Check out my blog for the details.

Kayla (Midnight Twilight)

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.