Art Quote

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Teen Tuesday, First Edition

*Teen Tuesday is the day we set aside for teen book lovers to visit with each other to find out what's being read in the world of young adult literature. You can comment whether you are a participant or not. Visit all the posters at teentuesday.blogspot.com*

Welcome to my first Teen Tuesday blog post! (can you tell I’m excited? eek!)


This week has been quite an interesting week, reading-wise. I could honestly say that in the past week I’ve read more books than I’d read the previous two or three weeks combined. I guess that’s just how it is with me... for awhile I’ll go through books like lightning and then I’ll slow down and stick with the same book for a week.

But enough about my unpredictable reading habits. That’s not what this blog is about. This blog is about young adult books... so here we go.

Last week I officially became re-obsessed with the House of Night series by P.C. and Kristen Cast. I read the first book in the series, Marked, last month and I have no idea why I didn’t read the second and third right away... I absolutely LOVED the first one. It was fast-paced and funny and highly addictive... And the second and third books were JUST like the first. Just as fast-paced, just as funny, and just as addictive... maybe even more. But now I realize that I should have waited until late summer to read these... because now I have to wait until September for the fourth book!

And it’s just my luck that the third book ended off with an evil cliffhanger.

Anyways, I finished Chosen (the third book) on Saturday during a huge series of thunderstorms.

I think I'm falling in love with Vampire books. I first started falling love when I read Twilight (I mean, who didn't?) but now I'm really in love... Anyone have any suggestions for other good vampire books?

And then on Sunday I started (and finished) Jump the Cracks by Stacy DeKeyser. You can read my review here, but I will try to quickly summarize how I felt... Obviously it was a quick read, and while it wasn’t perfect, I felt there really was some sort of substance to it that is lacking with other novels. So basically, I thought it was great.

Currently, I’m reading Fireworks by Niki Burnham, Erin Haft, Sarah Mlynowski, and Lauren Myracle. It’s a book with four short stories in it, all pertaining to summer. I’ve been saving this book for awhile, because I thought it’d be perfect to read when it finally started feeling like summer... and it has! Finally, after what seemed to be the longest winter ever, I can feel the summer!

So what type of books do you think make good summer books? Or what type of books do you think make good books, period? I'd like to know, so feel free to leave a comment and share!

-Chelsie-

5 comments:

Carolina said...

Bluebloods by Melissa de la Cruz
Masquerade by Melissa de la Cruz
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Frostbite by Richelle MEad
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Vampire Beach series by Alex Duval

there's many more but these are at the top of my head :)

Anna said...

I'm going to join Teen Tuesday. Is that okay?

hope.

Tasha said...

I just got into vampire books too!!! I've recently read Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (loved it), Sucks to be Me by Kimberly Pauly (even better), and Evernight by Claudia Gray, which is great!!!

Rachel said...

I have the same question as you. Since I havent been in the swing of things book-wise...I really want to know what type of books I should be reading =]
hehe.

I know what you mean about being in love with Vampire books. Ever since twilight, I've been into books about witches and vampires (etc). hehe.

I dont know if your into the witch type of books, but you should read 'Book of Shadows: Sweep' I havent finished it, but its really good so far.

Anonymous said...

You won, you won!! YAY! The Adoration of Jenna Fox is yours! Send me an email with your snail mail address and I'll get the book out to you shortly. Congrats! :-)

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.