Art Quote

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Inte(Re)View with Hope: The Midnight Twins by Jacqueline Mitchard

After an extremely long wait, I am finally going to post my second Inte(Re)view. You can find my first one on The Book Thief here, and there will be others being posted in the near future, one next Saturday (it is entirely a coincidence that this and the next were scheduled a week apart) and a couple others in the making. And if you like the idea, feel free to get in on the action by emailing me! My email is posted on the bottom of this post.


And so, without further adieu, my second Inte(Re)view!



The lucky Inte(Re)viewee is... Hope from Hope's Bookshelf!

---


Chelsie: Hey Hope! So glad you could join me today!

Hope: Thanks for having me, Chelsie. :]

Chelsie: It's always a pleasure. So, mind telling everyone what this interview is about?

Hope: The Midnight Twins by Jacquelyn Mitchard.

Chelsie: Think you could give me a short summary of the book?

Hope: The book is about two twins, Meredith and Mallory. One can see into the future and the other can see into the past. They have to work together to stop a certain something from happening.

Chelsie: Oh? And I assume that secret something is top secret, right?

Hope: Yep. I'm not going to tell you because I wouldn't want to spoil the book for you. :]

Chelsie: Ah, okay. So, to jump right into it, what'd you think of it?

Hope: Personally, I didn't like it too much. The writing seemed really forced a lot of the time, for one. Also, though Jacquelyn Mitchard spent a lot of time explaining all the reasons why Mally and Merry were opposites, they didn't seem that way to me. Another thing that really annoyed me was that the characters didn't grow a whole lot. Mally and Merry grew a little bit, but all the minor characters stayed the same and didn't grow at all.

Chelsie: So you wouldn't recommend it?

Hope: No, not really, to be honest. There are a lot more books out there that are better reads than this one.

Chelsie: That's reassuring, because I started reading this book and I just couldn't get into it.

Hope: It took me a while to get into it, too. I don't think I ever fully got interested in the story.

Chelsie: So, have you read anything else by Jacqueline Mitchard?

Hope: No, I haven't read anything by Jacqueline Mitchard before, though I've heard her other books are better than this one.

Chelsie: That's good to hear. So, is there anything specific that you can point out that was really what made you not like the book? Or was it just all the little things combined?

Hope: It was all those little things combined. And the fact that it didn't get interesting until the middle. The beginning was boring, the middle got kind of interesting, and the end got kind of boring again.

Chelsie: Were there any redeeming qualities that might make this a book appeal to someone else?

Hope: The idea is a very interesting one. I've never read a story that had the idea of this one.

Chelsie: So, points for uniqueness. I like unique things. But sadly, this book (or the beginning, at least) just didn't do it for me. So, on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being the worst and 5 being the best, how would you rate The Midnight Twins?

Hope: Hm. Probably a 2, because the idea was really original.

Chelsie: So, overall not a good book. As you've already said. So, is there anything else you'd like to share?

Hope: I think that's pretty much all I have to say about this book. But while I'm here I'll do some free advertising. Visit my blog at http://www.princess2293.blogspot.com for more young adult reviews. Thanks again for having me, Chelsie. :]

Chelsie: Like I said, it's always a pleasure. And feel free to come back anytime for another Inte(Re)view. Hopefully next time it will be a good review.

Hope: I hope so, too. :]

Chelsie: Thanks again!



---




If you'd be interested in doing an Inte(Re)view, feel free to email me at bookluverreviews@hotmail.com!

1 comments:

Kelsey said...

Hmmm...I don't think I'll pick up this book then. But I did just get All We Know Of Heaven by the same author from the library, so know I'm kind of iffy on starting that.

Nice Inte(Re)View!! Can't wait to see mine up!

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.