Art Quote

Monday, April 14, 2008

Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella


Remember Me?
by Sophie Kinsella


This book is about a woman who suffers amnesia after a car accident. Lexi can't remember anything from the last three years, and a lot has changed since her last memories. She's now moved up in her company, so she's the boss of the people she used to work with. And she's now married, to the handsome and amazing Eric. Things could not be better for her. But what happens when she finds out that her so-called perfect life isn't as perfect as it appears to be?


I read this book right after Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac to keep with the amnesia/memory loss theme (it was a coincidence that I had them both at the same time). Despite the similar theme, I would not be able to compare the two books. While Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac was a memorable book, it was more serious and thought-provoking, while Remember Me? was a lighter, more fun read. Sophie Kinsella's latest novel is full of wit, sarcasm, and hilarious laugh out loud moments that kept me interested to the end. While not recommended for heavy, serious reading, Remember Me? is perfect if you're looking to sit down with a good book and just have a good time. Lexi is a genuine character, and you'll find yourself rooting for her throughout her entire journey.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Greeeat review. I really want to read this and Sophie Kinsella's other books.

the story siren said...

i've never read any of kinsella's work, but i think i might enjoy this one. i'll have to add it to my pile. great reviewa

Axa said...

You keep reading the books I'm dying to read, lucky you!

Rachael Stein said...

aww, this sounds cute! i should add this to my TBR list :D

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.