Art Quote

Monday, April 14, 2008

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac
by Gabrielle Zevin


In this book, Naomi Porter falls down a flight of stairs and hits her head. After the fall, she can't remember anything since sixth grade. She can't remember her best friend, her boyfriend, or her parent's divorce.


This book was definitely written in an intriguing way. From the very beginning, I was hooked. Gabrielle Zevin mixes in the perfect amount of mystery and romance throughout, and I thought that it was an enjoyable, yet thought-provoking book. The character descriptions were flawless, and I was kept guessing until the end. I wasn't sure what Zevin would bring to the story, because I was slightly disappointed with Elsewhere when I read it, but she pulled this book all off in an easy way that makes this novel a quick and easy read, but one that will not soon be forgotten.

5 comments:

the story siren said...

wasn't this a great book!

Anna said...

i loved this book! i read it all in one night. even though i kept starting to fall asleep, i just couldn't put it down!

hope.

Tasha said...

I just finished this book. It was lovely and wonderful and great...I could go on and on about it!

Em said...

I've been wanting to read this for awhile. Sounds good. :-)

The Book Brat said...

Oo the movie was good I'm gonna see if I can get the Audiobook I bet it'll be better

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.