Art Quote

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Crash Into Me by Albert Borris

Title: Crash Into Me

Author: Albert Borris

Summary:

Owen, Frank, Audrey, and Jin-Ae have one thing in common: they all want to die. When they meet online after each attempts suicide and fails, the four teens make a deadly pact: they will escape together on a summer road trip to visit the sites of celebrity suicides...and at their final destination, they will all end their lives. As they drive cross-country, bonding over their dark impulses, sharing their deepest secrets and desires, living it up, hooking up, and becoming true friends, each must decide whether life is worth living--or if there's no turning back.

Rating: 4/5

Review:

Since I read the summary, this book has been high on my list. When I bought it, I couldn't wait to start reading it.

It started off well. I really liked how no important information was just given out, and you had to read more to learn what you wanted to know. It built suspense perfectly from the first page, and with a book like this it's very important to want to know more. And I did; the characters all intrigued me, simply because it was such an unlikely group with the exception of one common trait: they all wanted to die.

Not only did I love the suicide aspect of the book, I loved the road trip. Road trips in general fascinate me. However, that part was sort of disappointing. When a group of people are traveling across the country, I expect details. I want to know what's going on, and this road trip went way too smoothly for my taste. Everything was too convenient; none of their parents were suspicious at all? The credit card always had enough money no matter what they bought? It seemed unrealistic.

Even through the lack of details and the unrealistic factor, I still found this book extremely enjoyable. It was interesting and kept me guessing until the end, which I really liked. Also, it was filled with hilarious lists, which I think always make a book better. They threw in a touch of humor into what would under normal circumstances be an all-out depressing book.

Overall, a good read, and recommended.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

credit cards dont have a limit

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.