Art Quote

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Review- She's So Money by Cherry Cheva

Title: She's So Money

Author: Cherry Cheva

Summary:

Question: What do you get when you take . . .

1 overachieving girl + 1 insanely cute guy + 1 massive fine + 1 scheme involving a little dishonesty and a whole lot of cash?

I've always been the good girl—working seriously long hours at my family's restaurant and getting straight As. And Camden King was always just that hot, popular guy I'd pass in the halls, whose ego was probably much bigger than his brain. I didn't think there'd ever be a reason for us to actually, like, interact.

Then again, I never thought I'd mess up so badly that my family might lose our entire restaurant if I didn't come up with a ton of money, and fast. So that's where Camden comes in—he and his evil/genius plan to do kids' homework for cash.

I know cheating's wrong, but it's better than being dead, right? Which is what I'd be if my parents knew about what happened. I never expected things to spin so far out of control. Or that I'd be such a sucker for Camden's lopsided grin. Or that falling apart could be the best thing that ever happened to me.

Answer: The time of my life.


Rating: 4.5/5

Good:

This book was extremely good. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this... I knew it'd be funny, but that was basically the extent of my knowledge.

I was extremely pleased to see that this book had even more going for it than hilarity.

Let's start with the main character. Maya was extremely believable, extremely flawed, and extremely real. She's the type of person I could probably meet walking down the street, or in a bookstore, or just anywhere. She's someone I could imagine having a conversation with. Which just makes her so easy to relate to.

And then there's the plot. What a crazy, wild scheme that Maya comes up with! And Cherry Cheva found a way to make it believable! I couldn't imagine something like this happening in my school, and yet somehow reading this book it seemed entirely plausible.

Finally, you have the ending. Semi-cheesy, but still entirely perfect for this book. Things didn't necessarily end how I expected them to, but that's only because I wasn't sure what to expect. This book was so crazy and fun, I never knew what would happen.

I am really really looking forward to reading Cherry's next book.

Bad:

The only bad thing I can think of was the cheesiness. Because, I'll admit, there was a lot of cheese. But for this book, it just worked. So I'm not going to complain.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Great Review! I have this book, but haven't gotten to it yet.

Anna said...

Great review. :D Love this book. :D

hope.

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.