Art Quote

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Proud

I finished Undone just now, and I am so happy =D This is only the second recreational reading book I've finished since August, which makes me extremely sad but also hopeful for the future. Now that I don't have anymore reading to do.

Now, I have another matter to discuss... and that is my school's book club. It's a very new thing, and I have to say so far it's been going well. I was the one who suggested this month's book pick (City of Bones) and people have been reading it and liking it, so I'm glad. I was worried that everyone would be uninterested or intimidated by the size of the book. But that is definitely not the case.

My question to everyone here is: are there any suggestions for future book club picks? It could be anything, but keep in mind that there are guys in this club, so extremely girly books probably wouldn't go over well. We are also huge Twilight fans, if that helps with your suggestions at all =D

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

Chelsie! Yay! Congrats! I can't wait for the review!

Hmm....maybe a Nicholas Sparks books? Or: The Time Travelers Wife (Though, that might be inappropriate.) City of Ember series, Life As We Knew It or The Dead & The Gone, Al Capone Does My Shirts, Notes From A Midnight Driver, Margaret Petersen Haddix books, The Underland Chronicles, Midnighters Series, Markus Zusak, Marley and Me, Thirteen Reasons Why, Acceleration, Red Kayak, Head Case, Nineteen Minutes(!), Wake, The Host, Things Not Seen, Gone, All We Know of Heaven.

Sorry that's a lot.... Since I was too lazy to put authors names, just stop by my blog if you need the authors name or some more suggestions. I think all of those will be fair between each gender. Don't forget to mention what ones you might use!

Avid Reader said...

My recommendation would be Hungry Games by Suzanne Collins. There are so many issues in that book that it would make a great book for a book discussion group. Plus the book is very good. I think it will appeal to both genders.

I also heard that Hawksong by Atwater-Rhodes is great.

Carolina said...

House of Night series by P.C Cast, Sisters of Misery by Megan Kelly Hall, and City of Ashes.

Emily said...

umm i think the boys and the girls would both like either of the markus zusak books. especially the book thief!

About Me

My photo
Obsessive Blogger. Obsessive Reader.